Saturday, February 1, 2014

Quick & Chic Makeup

Hello everyone!  Its the weekend, which means you probably will do something, right?!  But what happens when you have that last minute Saturday night invite and have NO time to get ready?!  Don't panic!  I'm sharing the products I use for a quick and chic makeup look that will go with any plan you make this weekend!

If you follow me on instagram (@lindsandbells), than you may know that lately I have been loving bold brows and lips, paired with minimal eye makeup.  Not only does it look totally put together, it is just so easy and quick- not to mention it allows you to get away with wearing hardly any eye makeup (the true time saver).

In all of the pictures below, I have the same foundation and eyebrow routine, only switching up the lip products!  Want to know how I got these looks?!  Keep reading


My everyday makeup essentials for a quick, chic look:


First, I apply my Laura Mercier Radiance Primer followed by the Laura Tinted Moisturizer (skip the primer if you don't have time).  I have the illuminating moisturizer because I love the glow it gives to the skin, but if you have oily skin or prefer a matte look, stick to the original formula!  Tinted Moisturizer is super easy to apply and does not need as much "blending time" as a true foundation requires, making this the perfect choice when you are on the go.

Next, I use my Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer to touch up any areas that need additional coverage, like under my eyes and around my nose.  This concealer is super creamy and blends effortlessly into the skin.  The formula really brightens up the under eye area, making tired eyes look awake!

Next I set my tinted moisturizer and concealer with the Chanel powder, focusing on the center of my face.  This powder is great at setting your foundation, while providing additional coverage.  It does have a matter finish, but when paired with a non-matte foundation, it gives a nice subtle glow to the skin.

After using my Chanel powder, I use a big fluffy brush and apply MAC's Soft & Gentle Mineralize Skin Finish to the apples of my cheeks and along the bridge of my nose.  I love this product because it highlights and warms up the skin all in one!!


Next up are brows!  I have gotten a few questions as to what products I use to do my brows, and I do switch it up, but currently I am using Anastasia's brow powder duo, along with her brow wiz pencil topped off with the tinted brow gel.

I apply the pencil first, focusing on outlining the shape I want my brows to be (if you have a hard time with creating an eyebrow shape, Anastasia makes great eyebrow stencils).  I then fill them in with the pencil and set them with the brow powder.  After my brows are looking exactly how I want them to look, I finish them off with the Anastasia tinted brow gel.  This keeps my brows in check all day long- I highly recommend it!!


At this point, my skin and eyebrows are complete!  Now time to move onto the eyes.  First thing I do is apply my Urban Decay Primer Potion in "Sin."  This keeps my shimmery shadows in place throughout the day!  It also keeps any glitter in the shadow on the eyelid, and not all over my face.
As the primer potion dries, I apply a few coats of mascara to my lashes.  I am absolutely loving this new mascara from Maybelline- if you are on the hunt for a new mascara, check this one out!



After applying my mascara, I apply one of the three eyeshadows above!  I love love love sparkly & whimsical eyeshadows and think they go perfectly with bold brows.  They highlight the eye, without being overwhelming or too dramatic.  They are also super easy and fool-proof.  Just use your finger and swipe them on- it doesn't get any easier than that, right?!

Swatches below!

If I have extra time and want to add a little more sparkle to my eye, I use this gold glitter mascara/liner duo from Sephora and dab a little into the corners of my eyes.  The glitter acts as an inner corner highlight and does a beautiful job at catching the light.  Your eyes are sure to look wide awake!

To finish off the look, you can't forget about those lips!  My current obsession has been the Lip Tar All Star Mini set, which I picked up around the holidays at Sephora.  Their colors are so vibrant and have awesome staying power!  A quick swipe of this and you are good to go!

I hope you guys enjoyed this step by step post on my everyday quick & chic makeup look!

What are your everyday makeup essentials?!


xoxo
linds&bells

IFB Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a stunning look on you. I need some bold lip colours. Have a wonderful weekend doll x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your blue lipstick! You are a make-up wizard :)

    ReplyDelete