Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Most Used Makeup Brushes

Hey everyone!  I wanted to share with you all my most used makeup brushes today.  Makeup brushes can be overwhelming- first because there are so many choices and second, because they can be quite pricey.

For a full face of makeup (see my everyday makeup look here), you really only need a few different brushes- and here are my top picks!


From left to right:

  1. The first brush is a big fluffy blush brush I have had forever!  The brand has rubbed off, and I absolutely cannot remember where I got it, but it has held up surprisingly well!  A similar version would be MAC's 150 brush.  I use this brush to apply my Chanel setting powder, as well as any blushes or bronzers!  The size of it allows me to cover the larger areas of my face, like cheeks and forehead.  
  2. The next brush is MACS 190 foundation brush. I use this to, yes you guessed it, apply my primer and foundation.  It does a great job of applying the foundation evenly (similar to using a paint brush), however, I use my next brush to blend everything in.
  3. My MAC 130 Duo Fibre brush is great for blending in your foundation or buffing it into the skin.  Using small circles, it really makes the foundation look flawless.  I highly recommend this brush if you are having trouble with your foundation looking smooth and natural.
  4. My next brush is MAC's 239 shading brush.  I personally use this brush to apply concealer, because the dense, stiff bristles make it perfect for patting the concealer exactly where you need it.  This brush also works wonders for lining your outer lips and eyebrows with concealer to make them pop.  
  5. My final brush is Anastasias Duo Brow Brush.  I use this brush to apply my eyebrow powder, and the opposite side to groom my brows into place.  A staple in my makeup bag!
I hope you guys found this helpful! Which brushes are your favorite?!

xoxo
linds&bells

IFB Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Great post! One of my fav brushes are the MAC Duo Fibre brushes we well. I'll have to try their foundation brush now too.

    Tiana
    www.morphalife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super brushes, I really need to get a new set soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, you've got a great eye for beauty! Keep up the good work! I've nominated you for a Leibster Award love! Click on the link and scroll to the end of the post to see how to receive it: www.justtakethestares.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete