Monday, November 25, 2013

EM Cosmetics Review

Hey everyone!  If you follow me on instagram (@lindsandbells) than you may already know I received some "Em by Michelle Phan" products that I ordered in the mail and thought I would review them!  This brand has been getting a lot of buzz in the online beauty community because it was created by one of the biggest online beauty gurus herself, Michelle Phan!  With a complete collection ranging from eyeshadows to cc cream, the brand is hitting the beauty world by storm, and even just opened up its first storefront in New York!



What I ordered:
1. Chiaroscuro contour and highlighting stick in the color "light"
2. The great cover up in the color "fair warm"
3. Waterline intense color eyeliner in the color "black night"
4. Waterline intense color eyeliner in the color "in the nude"






Reviews:

The "Chiaroscuro" contour stick makes contouring something anyone can master!  With an easy applicator, you simply swipe where you need the product and blend with your fingers.  The formula is super creamy and applies easily and beautifully to the skin.  This is great to use on your nose, cheek bones or jawline!  Plus, it also comes with a highlighter, which you can use on top of your cheek bones, cupids bow, brow bone, or even as eyeshadow!  Overall, it is a great multi-use product to have in your makeup bag...and who doesn't like products that you can use in more than one way?!  $25.00




I used "the great cover up" concealer this morning and liked it...I didn't love it but I did not hate it either.  It did its job at providing extra coverage, but it is very thick and has a matte finish.  I prefer concealers that have a more glowy finish, like my NARS radiance concealer.  I mostly use concealers for my eye area to brighten it up,  but this particular product was a bit too heavy for me.  However, with that being said, if you have specific skin concerns (acne, rosacea, etc) or heavy darkness around the eye area and need lots of coverage, you may want to consider trying this.  $19.00



The black waterliner is THE BEST EYELINER I HAVE EVER USED.  It is so creamy and goes on amazingly well.  I lined my tight line, (the area below your upper lashes) which can be a tricky place to line, and the black liner literally just glided right over it.  No pulling or tugging!  You also have about 10-15 seconds to work with the liner before it sets.  It is also important to note that Michelle Phan wanted to create a liner that was meant for damp surfaces, because our lash lines are not dry surfaces!  These pencils STAY on, and will not budge even if you tear up, go swimming, etc.  I will continue to buy this black eyeliner for as long as they make it!

The nude eye pencil was also great, and I used it to line my lower lash line to make my eyes look bigger.  Like the black pencil, it goes on very smooth.  If you are going to buy anything from Michelle's line, I would recommend trying the eyeliners, I do not think you will be disappointed!  $20.00 each



Have any of you tried the Em by Michelle Phan products?  Which are your favorite?!  If you are interested in ordering, or want to learn more about the line, click here!

Thanks for reading!

xoxo
linds&bells

  IFB Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Hmm this is interesting. I obviously have to get a different color concealer than you but I like the fact that it's matte. I don't like glowy concealer and I think you've convinced me to try the liner. I wanted to see what other people thought before I jumped on the bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like matte, than I am sure you will really like the concealer! I would say go for it! And if you don't like it, em cosmetics is great about taking things back! And the liners are awesome! Let me know what you end up thinking if you try anything out!
      Thanks for reading!
      xx
      Lindsey

      Delete
  2. Too pricey for my taste. But the eyeliner looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like great products, had never heard of them before!! xx

    ReplyDelete